As a lover of the great outdoors, camping is one of the best ways to get in touch with nature. However, one of the biggest challenges faced by campers is finding a convenient and hygienic way of answering nature’s call. That’s where portable outhouses for camping come in. In this article, we will be discussing everything you need to know about portable outhouses for camping, including popular products, pros and cons, and user reviews.
List of Trending Popular Products Related to Portable Outhouse for Camping
Portable outhouses come in a wide range of designs and styles, each with its own unique features. Here are the top five most popular portable outhouses for camping:
|Thetford Porta Potti Curve||Comfortable seat, battery-powered flush, and easy to clean||$174.99|
|Reliance Products Luggable Loo Portable 5 Gallon Toilet||Heavy-duty construction, snap-on lid, and affordable||$19.99|
|Camco Portable Travel Toilet||Large 5.3-gallon holding tank, sturdy construction, and easy to empty||$83.50|
|Green Elephant Portable Toilet||Lightweight and compact, easy to assemble, and odor-free||$79.99|
|Stansport Portable Folding Camp Toilet||Sturdy steel frame, comfortable seat, and easy to fold and store||$60.99|
Advantages and Disadvantages of Portable Outhouses for Camping
Like every other product, portable outhouses for camping have their pros and cons. Here are some of the most common advantages and disadvantages:
- Portability: Portable outhouses are easy to transport and set up, making them ideal for camping trips.
- Hygiene: Portable outhouses come with waste tanks that are easy to clean and sanitize, minimizing the risk of infection or disease.
- Privacy: Portable outhouses provide a private and convenient way to relieve oneself without having to wander off into the woods.
- Comfort: Many portable outhouses come with comfortable seats and battery-powered flushing systems, providing a more comfortable experience than traditional pit toilets.
- Cost: Portable outhouses can be quite expensive, especially if you opt for high-end models with advanced features.
- Weight: Some portable outhouses can be quite heavy, making them difficult to transport and set up.
- Maintenance: Portable outhouses require regular maintenance, including emptying the waste tank and cleaning the unit.
- Odor: Despite their odor-free claims, some portable outhouses can emit unpleasant smells, especially if not properly maintained.
Here are some reviews from people who have used portable outhouses for camping:
- “I’ve been using the Thetford Porta Potti Curve for a few months now, and it’s been a game-changer for my camping trips. It’s easy to set up, comfortable to use, and the battery-powered flush is a lifesaver. Highly recommended!” – John D.
- “I purchased the Reliance Products Luggable Loo Portable Toilet for a recent camping trip, and it worked great. It’s affordable, easy to transport, and the snap-on lid keeps the smell contained. The only downside is that it can be a bit uncomfortable to sit on for long periods.” – Sarah P.
- “The Camco Portable Travel Toilet is a fantastic option for larger groups or longer camping trips. The 5.3-gallon holding tank is ample, and the unit is sturdy and easy to empty. The only downside is that it’s quite heavy, so it’s not ideal for solo camping trips.” – Michael R.
Overall, portable outhouses for camping are a convenient and hygienic way to answer nature’s call while enjoying the great outdoors. Whether you opt for a high-end model with advanced features or a more affordable option, portable outhouses can make your camping trips more comfortable and enjoyable. Just be sure to consider the pros and cons before making your purchase, and always follow proper maintenance procedures to keep your unit clean and odor-free.